Policies and Terms
Rules and Regulations
1. No gum in the building. Only water will be permitted anywhere in the studio. Due to the messes left behind in previous years, we are unable to allow dancers to eat in the facility.
2. Students may bring a water bottle into the dance room but will only be allowed to use it when teacher permits a water break. There is no water fountain or drinks sold at the studio.
3. All belongings should be placed in the dressing room – not in the studios or lobby. Dance Exposure II is not responsible for items left behind in the studio. Parents should write names in all articles of clothing, shoes, and tights.
4. Dancers should always come to class prepared with proper attire and hair pulled back in pony tail or bun.
5. Students must always be accompanied by a parent or caregiver. Do not leave your child unsupervised before class begins. If parents should leave while class is in session, then they should return 5 minutes before class ends to pick them up. Dance Exposure II is in no way responsible for any unsupervised student that leaves the studio at any time.
6. Children are not allowed in the studios when classes are not being conducted.
7. Do not allow siblings to play in hallway or studios when classes are in session.
8. As a courtesy to our neighboring merchants, please do not enter any other store in the mall without proper attire and shoes. (This request came directly from the management).
Attendance & Make-Up Policy
If your child must miss a class for any reason, please call the studio and leave a message for the teacher. We recommend the students attend class on a regular basis in order to keep up with class progress. Your child is entitled to make-up the missed class in a comparable class at your convenience. It is the responsibility of the parent to see to rescheduling.
Class Change/Cancellation Policy
Any class changes after October 2nd will result in a $25 change fee. Our dance programs offered in this schedule run from Sept. – June. Any changes to the classes you originally registered for must be made on an Add/Change Form. All cancellations must be made in writing with two weeks notice and emailed to Danceexposure2@comcast.net. There is a $25 cancellation fee per class.
Dance Exposure II may cancel classes due to inclement weather. We typically follow the Montgomery School closings. Any class cancellations or delays will be posted on the studio answering machine. We may decide only to cancel a portion of the days classes so please call the studio one hour before the start of your class. All students are entitled to a make-up class for any class cancelled due to inclement weather. No refunds or credits will be given for these classes.
Illness & Lice Policies
If your child did not attend school due to illness, please keep them out of dance class as well (even if they are feeling better in the evening). Dance Exposure will continue to follow the recommended guidelines from the Montgomery Health Department and CDC concerning the H1N1 flu and/or other contagious viruses.
Dance Exposure’s lice policy is as follows. A dancer must not come to class until two successful shampoo treatments have been done. The dancer must be nit free as well.
Due to the nature of our classes, with dancers in very close contact with one another, the floors and barres, we ask that everyone please be considerate with regards to both illness and lice issues. You must keep in mind that there may be students that have underlying health conditions that make these situations a serious health threat.
Thank you for reviewing the
Policies and Terms with your family.